When the world is going to hell, you want it to look like it’s been there, got chewed up and was spat back out, right? If you do, then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Technical Artist to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
As a Technical Artist you will, with a unique combination of artistic and technical expertise, be the bridge between our artists and engineers. You proactively solve problems and demonstrate creativity and a respect for aesthetics. You will ensure that visual assets can be easily integrated into the game engine without sacrificing visual quality. You understand how gameplay and architecture issues can affect content creation and can successfully develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
As a Technical Artist you will enjoy artistic ownership of assets, pushing your aesthetic and technical skills to the fullest. Your interest lies foremost with creating realistic worlds, exteriors and interiors and you understand the delicate balance between art & tech. You thrive in an environment where you continually use your ability to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
- Setup, implementation & management of assets from a technical point of view
- Investigation ofnew techniques for workflows & technical implementation
- Understanding of technical limitations for art assets within the game world
- Take the initiative to setup assets in new ways that pushes our in house engine
- Responsibility for the full scope of the level art
- Participate and communicate with peers, managers and vendors
- Work closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
You have at least 3 years experience working as a 3D artist within the games industry or equivalent. You have an understanding of real-time graphics and have preferably worked on at least one released title. You have a proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of scale and proportions, materials and color/light and are a hands-on person with good communication skills. You will be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Excellent experience in Maya & Photoshop
- Experience with PBR
- Experience with Python Scripting is a plus
- Have an excellent understanding of the technical limitations of game art assets
- Have an excellent understanding of scripted events for art assets
- An ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.