Lion Game Lion is strengthening up the team and is now looking for a System Designer to join our kick-ass team in Zagreb, Croatia.
As a System Designer you will be assigned to design parts of the core mechanics of the game, tracking them through development to deliver the highest level of quality, while always keeping a clear picture of how they fit in the larger vision of the game and following the boundaries set by the lead designer and the producers.
You will create detailed feature designs and gameplay mechanics. Maintaining fun and balanced systems, giving direction as well as taking it from the leads and producers, diving into the tools to hand-craft a unique game experience, tweaking AI behavior, setting up main character classes, skills, etc.
- Work directly with the lead designer and producers to help deliver mechanics that follow the creative vision for the game
- Understand market needs and ensure that design elements developed will contribute to create a high quality and highly satisfactory product for players
- Be an expert on gaming trends and understand audience expectations
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and systems
- Write thorough and complete feature documentations
- Communicate designs clearly to other team members
- Transition to a hands-on tweaking and tuning role late in the project to deliver the best possible game
- Understand dependencies between own work and that of others across all areas and disciplines and adapt accordingly
- Be the go-to implementer for the features assigned
- Work closely with the product owner, analytics and balancing field
- Support other game designers by sharing knowledge and best practices
To be successful in this position you have:
- Excellent knowledge of game design rules (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward)
- Excellent ability to organize, follow, control, schedule and structure your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of documentation and balancing tools (Microsoft Office, SVN…)
- Excellent knowledge of FPS in particular, current technology and tools, design concepts and game balancing
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail
- Solution oriented, strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Creativity, critical and analytical sense, structure and rigor
- Good knowledge of level design rules is a plus
- Willingness to have an open mind, adapt to feedbacks and iterative processes
- Working knowledge of 2D tools to create visuals support (Photoshop, Illustrator…)
- 3D Level editor experience (Unreal, Source, Unity…)
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
We’re looking for a team player, able to listen to feedback and integrate it into own work, who values the best ideas, no matter of where they come from, but understands the boundaries set by leads and production.
Still reading? Great!
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles, the company creates games by own design and through licensed content, aiming to create franchises that prosper as games and elsewhere. We live and die by gameplay.
LION GAME LION is a game development company that was founded in July 2014 by a group of hardened industry veterans. Our studio is located in Zagreb, Croatia. We aim to create games that we ourselves love to play. Currently we are working on the new game RAID: World War II together with our friends over at Starbreeze studios.
RAID: World War II is an action-packed, four player co-op shooter game that lets players team up as the Raid crew and venture through the epic events of World War II. For more information, please visit (www.liongamelion.com).