Lion Game Lion is strengthening up the team and is now looking for a Level Designer to join our kick-ass team in Zagreb, Croatia.
As a Level Designer you will create concepts, paper designs, white-boxes and use tool sets to take your levels from an idea to a complete masterpiece. Working closely a passionate development team and especially the creative leads to keep in line with our games vision you will be empowered to own your creativity end to end. You will be involved with creating interesting maps, gameplay scenarios, voice over script, and gameplay mechanics that we aim to delight our players with.
- Create concepts, paper designs and white-boxes of levels within established sets of rules, in order to produce interesting locations, objectives, puzzles, narrative elements and challenging AI encounters that utilize the core mechanics of the game
- Hands-on development of level layouts through all stages of development. You will own and implement levels from concept to final
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure levels maintain a high quality in design, art, animation, visual effects, lighting and sounds
- Participate in design and level design sessions to understand the outline of the game experience
- Communicate your designs to the team and ensure consistency with the Lead Designer/ Lead Level Designer‘s vision
- Help to maintain and prioritize backlogs and polish lists for your levels
- Participate in feedback of other designers’ work
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management and peers in other disciplines
- One or more published AAA titles in an level design capacity from concept to release
- Game scripting experience using Kismet or similar visual scripting system
- Experience working with terrain mapping tools in a level editor
- Working knowledge of 3D tools (Maya, 3ds Max, SketchUp)
- Working knowledge of 2D tools to create 2D maps (Photoshop, Illustrator)
To be successful in this position you have:
- Knowledge of first person shooter games
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Creativity, critical and analytical sense, structure, and an eye for detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- A passion for gaming
Still reading? Great!
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles, the company creates games by own design and through licensed content, aiming to create franchises that prosper as games and elsewhere. We live and die by gameplay.
LION GAME LION is a game development company that was founded in July 2014 by a group of hardened industry veterans. Our studio is located in Zagreb, Croatia. We aim to create games that we ourselves love to play. Currently we are working on the new game RAID: World War II together with our friends over at Starbreeze studios.
RAID: World War II is an action-packed, four player co-op shooter game that lets players team up as the Raid crew and venture through the epic events of World War II. For more information, please visit (www.liongamelion.com).