Starbreeze is now looking for a Level Artist to join our award-winning team in Stockholm!
As a Level Artist we expect you to take responsibility for the graphical content of several game levels and make sure that you combine both the technical limitations as well as the artistic direction to create levels that look outstanding. We also find it extra interesting if you have experience working on AAA console titles.
- Become familiar with game design documents so as to know the environments, objects, atmospheres, story, and style in order to build their level
- Become familiar with the visual references and respect the chosen artistic direction
- Participate in the search of precise graphic references that are specific to their game level(s)
Become familiar with tool installation methods and their settings, the project’s file nomenclature system, and the data updating processes in the engine
- Create documents that list and present the graphical content of the levels (objects, environments, atmosphere, lighting, styles, etc.)
- Help estimate, after assessing level content with the Producer – modelling, the working time and plan tasks per priority and per level
- Help establish the modelling and texture needs, place the order with the map modellers and texturers, and follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the PM-modelling
- Integrate the produced objects and textures into the level
- Creates the architectural and lighting elements of the level and integrate them
- Constantly optimizes his/her map and by, for example, adjusting the size of the pieces according to gameplay situations, after assessment with the level designer
- Participates in setting the properties of each of the objects in his/her map (e.g.: movement, collision, lighting effects, SFX, sound, etc.)
- Acts as a resource-person for the artistic team
- Oversee the debug process for all levels
- Verifies the quality of the maps once they are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements
- Remedies the bugs entered by the testers to eliminate any anomalies
Experience with Maya is a plus
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part bit:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.