As a Senior Programmer you are a crucial member of the programming team. You are an important help to the rest of the team and not afraid of taking on the more challenging tasks. You like working with many different aspects of a game. Be it player movement, weapon systems, sound implementation, network, support systems, game state machines, controllers and more. You will take ownership on any feature task given to you. Meaning making sure that the task is completed correctly and any issues raised by QA are taken care of by you.
You are a team player that embraces the idea of working together with designers to reach the goals set by production towards the creation of a high quality product. You are able to mentor junior GP programmers to realize their full potential and to the benefit of the game.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to game programmers
- You follow through tasks and ensures they are implemented in the best way possible
- When tasked you can foresee any production dependencies, be it art, sound, network etc, and are comfortable to communicate this to the development team
- Help with feedback on implemented code done by the gameplay programmer team
- You have ownership for tasks delegated to you
- Profiling game and tools
- Debugging game and tools
To be successful in this position you are:
- Passionate for making great games
- Familiar with multiplayer games
- Familiar with performance profiling and debugging
- Comfortable with git, and familiar with other version control systems
- Able to understand the challenges and possibilities of modern console hardware
- You are an organized, strategic, and thoughtful in all interactions with the team
- Experience with C++, including familiarity with modern standards and best practices
- Ability to communicate well, being proactive and self-driven
- Must have an expert understanding of production and be able to problem-solve, schedule, communicate and monitor tasks
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Familiarity with multiplayer games
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general
Still reading? Great! We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!