As a Graphics Software Engineer you will be at the core of the development team for PresenZ, our Virtual Reality Movie Format. Your technical creativity will be challenged, since your broad mathematical knowledge in graphical algorithms will drive forward the development of PresenZ. You will also be a key team member by helping the other developers solve their technical/mathematical difficulties in their codes.
Main Work Tasks:
- Active improvement of our PresenZ Technology (our Virtual reality movie format )
- Test software implementation of new R&D developments for PresenZ.
- Software implementation from mathematical ideas or research papers ( Siggraph-like ).
- Help the other developers for more technical/mathematical functions in their code.
You have at least 3 years experience working as a Graphics Software Engineer/ Researcher. You have a good understanding of real-time graphics and pre-rendered algorithms and you have a proven and strong mathematical background and are a hands-on person with good communication skills. You will be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Programming : C/C++ Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Versioning tools like GIT or Mercurial
- Strong Mathematical background: Matrix, Calculus, computational algorithms, etc...
- Past publication or implementation of graphic research scientific papers ( Siggraph-like )
- Knowledge of plug-in implementations on a 3D packages ( Maya, Max ) is a plus.
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by Virtual Reality. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our next Virtual reality Movie Format kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé and a personal letter in English.
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles, the company creates games by own design and through licensed content, aiming to create franchises that prosper as games and elsewhere. We live and die by gameplay.
Starbreeze's most recent games include PAYDAY 2, the adrenaline fuelled bank robbing co-op game and the upcoming survival co-op FPS OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead based on the hit comic series. Starbreeze is pioneering digital self-publishing, inviting developers to leverage its self publishing knowhow on Steam, having one of the largest communities on the digital distribution platform.
Next, Starbreeze is set to develop truly immersive virtual reality experiences, integrating software and hardware in the Project StarVR and the StarVR head mounted display. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Starbreeze's shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier. For more information, please visit (www.starbreeze.com).
You will be involved in this new Starbreeze Business, more precisely on the Virtual Reality Movie Experience, linked to the PresenZ technology developped by Nozon, now a Starbreeze subsidiary (www.nozon.com/presenz).