Are you a software engineer with some experience in SDK and framework development and a passion for virtual reality technology? If so, we are looking for someone like you to develop the core tech for StarVR software stack and application platform. Also please visit www.starvr.com for more information our VR headset.
This role requires someone who is interested inmodular software architecture and SDK and API development. It is beneficial to have a history of delivering high quality, highly performing products. Ideally you will also be a gamer or game developer yourself who enjoys VR games and understands the market. You should be interested in VR application development such as Oculus VR, Steam VR, OpenVR, OSVR. A big plus is familiarity with game engine integration of such VR SDKs, as well as hardware specific features such as nVidia VRworks and AMD Liquid VR. Experience with various positional tracking solutions as used in VR is beneficial.
The primary responsibility is to be committed on the development of the SDK & Tools within the agreed upon scope and schedule by the management team. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent in C++ development under Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Have knowledge / experience of the development of middleware SDK or low-level software connected with specific hardware (StarVR headset)
- Have knowledge / experience of 3D engine development in C++ (Unreal, ...)
- Have already used high end Virtual Reality SDK (OpenVR, Nvidia VRWorks, ...)
- Have knowledge / experience of mathematical concepts (linear algebra, quaternion, filtering, ...)
- Like to design and write clean, readable and documented code in an agile context with continuous improvement and changes in specifications.
- Is able to work in a team of developers
- Is used to work with continuous integration tools like jenkins, github
- Familiar with scripting programming languages (dos, python, ...) used for builds and automatic tests
- Is able to speak french and understand spoken french.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers using the SDK
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the SDK & Tools group
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
You have at least 2 years of proficient experience working on software products. You have experience with engineering software from concept to ship in agile environment and an experience with API design and SDK architecture. Preferably you have a BA/BS degree and you possess excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.