Starbreeze is seeking a Build & Release Engineer to support continuous development, integration, testing, and deployment of AAA game titles, including downloadable content.
The Key Areas of responsibility are:
- Automate build and test of software for internal and public facing applications
- Create and maintain software releases in a continuous integration environment to successfully and efficiently release code and content to production
- Maintain expertise in the areas of Continuous Integration, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that our assets are effectively and efficiently utilized
To be successful in this position you have/are:
- Passion for improving efficiency, safety, structure, and process around software development
- Absolute requirement of expertise managing and administering Windows systems and basic networking administration
- Hands-on experience with:
- Proficiency in version control systems using Git, SVN, and remote repositories
- Experience with Windows, OS X, Linux, Xbox One, and PS4 development environments
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Build automation tools such as cmake, Maven, Gradle and SCons
- Fluency using version control systems to maintain stable software releases, coordinating with lead engineers
- Familiarity with standard software development and quality assurance processes, methodologies, and tooling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent debugging skills
Requirements and suitable background
- 3+ years in a build or release engineer role
- 1+ years experience with Jenkins continuous integration system
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be a team player dedicated to operational excellence
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of challenging projects from beginning to end
- Experience with global IT operations and services including AWS, Github
- Experience with virtualization platforms or IAASs such as VCenter, EC2, and Azure
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, and Rkt
- Experience with infrastructure management and automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs, including on-call rotation
As a person, you are someone who without hesitation takes on new challenges. You have a strong drive and work with high integrity, which is important since Starbreeze is a public company.
Send your application with a resumé and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.