We are looking for an in-house legal counsel to add value to our international fast moving business. In this role you will experience a stimulating and challenging work environment. As the company’s first legal counsel, you will set up the routines and processes for you to be the best support function to the management and business. You will provide legal advice within all aspects of the company’s legal matters. The position will certainly grow along with our business needs but primarily includes company law, securities law and capital markets. In addition, you will provide efficient business minded legal support in relation to drafting and negotiating contracts such as publishers and distribution agreements as well as be advisor for Starbreeze board of directors and responsible for related admin. Further, the role will include guidance in relation to intellectual property related issues, such as patents and copyright.
The place of work is Stockholm and you will report to the COO. The work will include some travelling.
Who are you?
You are a business driven corporate lawyer, pragmatic and hands-on with focus on get things done. You know how to identify, communicate and mitigate legal risks in order for the company to succeed. We believe that you have passion for business and for delivering high service to your colleagues. You are prestige less and flexible and adjustable to business needs. Good working proficiency in English and a great understanding for integrating people from different cultures is a must. You will thrive in a fast-moving environment, being able to move quickly while staying organized and on task.
In order to be successful, we believe that you have the following background and skills:
- Law school graduate;
- At least five years of professional experience in an international environment, ideally law firm and/or multi-national company;
- Good knowledge in company law, securities law and capital markets;
- Proven experience in giving fast and efficient business-minded legal support and drafting and negotiating agreements;
- Proven excellent negotiation skills and sound business judgment;
- Desire to work hard and have fun;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Be an excellent communicator and operate well within an international environment;
- Work well independently, but also work well across multiple teams and departments;
- Fluent in English and Swedish both in writing and verbal
- Service minded and attentive to client needs.
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your development and making our office in Stockholm to be the best place to work within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resume and meet you. We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. In this recruitment Starbreeze cooperates with Jurek Recruitment & Staffing. Please contact Helena Woodcock, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information. We look forward to receiving your application application with a resumé and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.