Shambling creatures composed of rotten flesh and jutting bones. Disgusting! But you think it’s fantastic, right? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Character Artist to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As a Character Artist you will be responsible for the creation of the characters and creatures that populate our worlds. You will create the survivors with whom we empathise, and the enemies that stand in their way. You relish the challenge of working within our technology to create cutting-edge characters, and are as technically driven as you are aesthetically great. The role requires you to be able to multi-task, and possess good communication skills both spoken and written.
- Modeling, texturing and implementation of character models
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Participate in design choices and communicate with peers, managers and vendors
- Work closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
You have at least 3 years experience from working as a 3D artist within the games industry or equivalent. You understand real-time graphics, and have preferably worked on at least one released title. You have a proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of scale and proportions, materials and color/light and are a hands-on person with good communication skills. You will be fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you are:
- Well experienced in Maya and Photoshop
- Strong skills in Z-Brush
- Experience with PBR is a plus
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy and silhouette
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.