Flowers, birds, clouds and the rainbow are all your favorite things to draw, right? NOT… Well then keep reading! Starbreeze is now looking for a Weapons Artist to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
As a weapon artist you will be in charge of hand crafting each little detail found in the weapons and equipment for a triple A FPS game. You have an exceptional understanding of hard surface modeling, lighting, form, and color; and you are used to work with PBR pipelines. You work side-by-side with concept artists; designers; animators and technical artists to provide a weapon that fits the needs from all aspects of the game in terms of visualls, gameplay and performance-wise.
- Create weapons assets according to real-world existing weapons designs or concept, through high poly and low poly modeling, UVW mapping, texturing Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and our proprietary engine
- Create weapon skin sets
- Work closely with Lead Artist/Senior Artist, Concept Artist, Animators, and Designers on design and function of weapons and attachments
- Set up and integrate assets into game engine
You have At least 2 years of relevant experience in game industry and an enormous passion for games. Your portfolio or reel demonstrates a strong artistic background, deep understanding of normal map creation and baking process and a keen eye on details. You communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Strong knowledge in Maya (or similar)
- Incredible hi poly modeling abilities
- A demonstrated ability to model photorealistic weapons or weapon attachments based on photo reference
- Passion to weapons/military is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines, deliver and recieve constructive feedback
- Substance knowledge is a plus
- Your portfolio must be provided through a website
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part bit:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.