VR game development requires unprecedented performance and innovation. We’re looking for an engineer who is tantalized by the prospect of writing code for a new paradigm that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in immersive interactivity.
You’ll work closely with the CTO and CCO to create efficient, maintainable code in the areas of AI, simulation, gameplay mechanics, runtime asset generation, and complex 3D movement and interaction. You’ll be a part of a small, tight-knit team where you’ll learn and adapt at a very rapid pace and become an integral part of a growing company.
- Implement game mechanics and system processes
- Benchmark and optimize taxing operations
- Make important production and feasibility decisions
- Write unit & performance tests
- Test, debug, and refactor
- Weigh in on architectural and design decisions
- Work intimately with the latest VR hardware and a cutting-edge game engine
You’ve pushed yourself to go deeper than get-it-done scripting, to understand how individual mechanics can be perfected to make a game feel “solid”. You see abstract algorithms, 3D math, complex state management, and optimization as exciting challenges.
- 4+ years of experience with a C++ game engine (Unreal, CryEngine, in-house, etc.)
- Experience with FRP (ReactiveX, Cycle.JS, Flux, Meteor, Knockout, or similar)
- Experience with TypeScript (or two of Java, C#, F#, Haxe, Dart, ActionScript, UnityScript)
- Experience working on a team
- Strength in math, algorithms
- Familiarity with VR
- Efficient, reliable English communication skills
Sound Like a Fit?
If you’d like to be a part of what we’re doing, please send a resumé along with 3.5 facts we should know about you to email@example.com.
Freeform Labs develops apps and games for virtual reality. The company aims to ignite people’s passion for creativity, mastery, and exploration by empowering users to express, play, and grow with their friends, family, and fans.
Freeform Labs’ flagship experience, ElemenTerra, has won recognitions from IndieCade and The Proto Awards. The company was incubated by various programs and mentors from USC, and is located in Beverly Hills, CA. Learn more at http://freeformlabs.xyz
ElemenTerra is published by Starbreeze Studios. Read about it at http://is.gd/starbreeze_elementerra