Do you want to work with an award-winning team by creating lighting for one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? Millions of fans around the world follow PAYDAY with passion, and the iconic masks and other art content continue to be a core part of this success.
As a Senior Lighting Artist, you will be responsible for the creation and development as well as planning and priority of the in-game lighting. You relish the challenge of working within our technology to create cutting-edge lighting and are as technically driven as you are aesthetically great.
You have at least 5 years of experience from working as a Lighting Artist within the games industry. You have a proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of light, colors, and materials. You are a hands-on person and the role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written.
- Experience working in real-time lighting workflows using a combination of baked and real-time lighting models
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Relevant portfolio demonstrating lighting created by you in a PBR pipeline Clearly showing the shipped game examples of your work
- Sense of ownership
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and atmospherics
- Ability to find solutions to lighting problems at more complex levels
- Great understanding of performance and cost of lighting
- Ability to understand technical constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage their own time within deadlines
- Support the high-quality AAA lighting, art direction, and gameplay objectives
To be successful in this position you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in the role of Lighting Artist
- Experience from working on at least 2+ released AAA games.
- Shipped PC or Console titles as a lighting artist
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity, or similar game engine
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and be proactive
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
Plus to have:
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation
- Expert levels of lighting and color theory
- Experience working on films
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, ≈50% above collective agreement standard
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.