Senior Lighting Artist
Do you want to work with an award-winning team by creating lighting for one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? Millions of fans around the world follow PAYDAY with passion, and the iconic masks and other art content continue to be a core part of this success.
As a Senior Lighting Artist, you will be responsible for the creation and development as well as planning and priority of the in-game lighting. You relish the challenge of working within our technology to create cutting-edge lighting and are as technically driven as you are aesthetically great.
You have at least 5 years of experience from working as a Lighting Artist within the games industry. You have a proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of light, colors, and materials. You are a hands-on person and the role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written.
- Creating and implementing the in-game lighting and pushing it beyond the industry standards
- Driving lighting development and communicating with peers, managers, and vendors
- Being responsible for mentoring junior members of the team.
- Working closely with the art and tech team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the quality and creativity of the project
- Updating work and backlog using project management and planning tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience working in real-time lighting workflows using a combination of baked and real-time lighting models
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Relevant portfolio demonstrating lighting created by you in a PBR pipeline, clearly showing the shipped game examples of your work
- Ability to find solutions to lighting problems at more complex levels
- Great understanding of performance and cost of lighting
- Support the high-quality AAA lighting, art direction, and gameplay objectives
To be successful in this position you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in the role of Lighting Artist
- Experience from working on at least 2+ released AAA games.
- Shipped PC or Console titles as a lighting artist
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity, or similar game engine
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and be proactive
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, ≈50% above collective agreement standard
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
- Monthly massage sessions in the office
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.
What makes it Starbreeze?
Progress through commitment and collaborationAt Starbreeze we believe in enabling and supporting our colleagues to be successful.
Alignment around the productGame development is the heartbeat and we are continuously evolving how all teams and members can be an efficient part.
We are in it for the long run.....At Starbreeze we value everyone´s engagement and with quality in mind, we rely on everyone´s input in planning and to define the ports of our games.
One Team - You can't rob a bank on your own
Do you recognise yourself in the following description? If so you could be one of us!
Smarter Together – We utilise our diverse set of experiences, competences, and backgrounds to achieve the best results.
Accountability – We are committed to
delivering excellence, including holding ourselves and others accountable. We get sh*t done.
Enable Creativity – We use fun, passion and play to explore new ideas and possibilities.
Learn and Develop – When we fail we do it quick and make sure to learn from it. Asking for and giving feedback is part of our daily routine
Starbreeze is an independent developer, creator, publisher and distributor of PC and console targeting the global market, with studios in Stockholm, Barcelona and Paris. Housing the smash hit IP PAYDAY, Starbreeze develops games based on proprietary and third-party rights, both in-house and in partnership with external game developers. Starbreeze shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the tickers STAR A and STAR B with the ISIN-codes SE0007158928 (A share) and SE0005992831 (B share).
For more information, please visit starbreeze.com
Senior Lighting Artist
Loading application form
Already working at Starbreeze?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.