Starbreeze is now looking for a talented Senior Animator to join our award-winning team in Stockholm, for the next generation of Payday.
As a Senior Animator at Starbreeze, you will be responsible for developing stunning animations that are both fluid and responsive. You’ll play a crucial role when it comes to tying together gameplay, storytelling and character performance. You’ll be responsible for pitching ideas and creating prototypes, and might even be part of directing the actors and stuntmen during motion capture sessions. Ultimately, you’ll bring polish to the final stage, and bring life-like animations for weapon-handling, hand-to-hand and locomotion to the game that mirror the real world.
- Collaborate with production leadership to drive high fidelity 1st person animation within the Payday franchise, balancing performance, quality, scheduling and technical requirements
- Work with the producers and department leadership to mentor and guide our animation team
- Drive the evolution of the strategy for animation pipelines, establishing efficient procedures for animation and character quality that benefits the integrity of the animations across the studio
- Create compelling character performances, utilizing both key-framed and motion capture techniques to complement the game design and promote the artistic vision of the Payday universe
- Be able to prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation and gameplay-related discussions
- Work alongside Design, Code, and your Peers to solve proactively any potential animation related issues to deliver content on time
- Estimate the time required to carry out your own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines
- Carry out all other related tasks
- At least 3+ years experience leading or influencing animation creation within the game industry
- At least 1 shipped title and 2+ years of experience working in AAA games
- A strong ability for Hand-Keyed Animation
- You are an experienced Maya and equally comfortable in MotionBuilder, with an expert understanding of animation principles
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees and a passion for cutting-edge animation technology
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on proactivity
- A passion for video games
Good to Have:
- Experience and knowledge of the Unreal game engine
- MoCap technology and process experience
To Be Successful in this position you are:
- Equally competent in tweening as you are with parametric blend spaces.
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value teamwork, accountability and creativity. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, +50% above collective agreement standard
- 90% of your salary will be covered while on Parental leave for up to 6 months
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.