As a Compliance Tester you are deeply embedded in the development and responsible for testing, documenting and analyzing the products before release.
The main purpose of the Compliance Tester is to develop and direct technical compliance testing procedures for the assigned console manufacturer and project, working with key stakeholders to ensure that all Starbreeze products meet the necessary internal and 1st party requirements before release.
You are expected to take a leadership position in establishing and communicating risk assessments and best-practice in relation to compliance issues and associated procedures. Compliance Testers are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews and delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from game teams.
They will create test cases, forecast testing efforts, review concerns and monitor overall testing progress of area of expertise on all titles in alignment with the overall test strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high level of understanding of all internal and 1st party requirements relating to the hardware platforms. (Microsoft/Sony)
- Create, maintain and publish relevant 1st Party documentation and best practices, as well as internal tools and processes within Starbreeze.
- Test case creation from game/ feature design documentation, genre and platform expertise.
- Collaborate with the QA Management Team to ensure alignment over the global testing strategy.
- Review concerns reported and provide issue severity assessment, publish/respond to issues where required.
- Use necessary game experience and technical expertise to conduct hands-on testing during the entire development cycle, perform test case regression, verification, and assist in ad-hoc requests as needed for both software and documentation reviews. Testing execution is required for this role.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of both day to day project execution and non-project specific tasks (1st Party documentation updates, test case maintenance, etc.).
To be successful in this position you should have:
- 2+ years experience in quality assurance and compliance testing
- Good understanding of the Certification/Development process and 1st party requirements.
- Experience in working and communicating with external and internal partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- In-depth understanding of the technical requirements / online requirements and tools pertaining to at least one console platform
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value teamwork, accountability and creativity. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, +50% above collective agreement standard
- 90% of your salary will be covered while on Parental leave for up to 6 months
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.