Do you want to dazzle millions with the iconic sound of a world famous action experience? Do you want to be part of an organic team where your input is recognized as contributing to a greater whole? Do you want to be a part of an epic journey, taking a classic game franchise into its second decade and beyond?
Starbreeze is looking for a Sound Designer to join our team in Stockholm to help build great audio experiences for our games today and in the future. You’ll be part of a friendly and collaborative team where everyone has their say and where we all help each other find the best solutions as a group. You’ll be involved in the entire production cycle of our games and DLCs, from idea to implementation, with plenty of opportunities to grow and to specialize in different areas according to your skills and interests.
- Work closely within the audio team to design and produce original audio content which delivers gameplay immersion and elevates the Payday experience;
- Champion audio direction, advocate audio excellence and deliver that one-of-a-kind experience Payday players have come to expect;
- Collaborate with design, narrative, art and engineering teams to provide input and direction to achieve interactive sound, voice and music;
- Implement audio assets using Wwise, UE4 and proprietary tools.
- 4+ years working as a sound designer, preferably with game industry experience;
- Passionate about the audio experience and committed to a cross-discipline and playtest-driven development environment;
- Exceptional knowledge of Wwise and strong competence with Unreal Blueprints;
- Fluency with common DAWs with a strong understanding of game audio, game platform limitations and performance optimization;
- Experience with studio and field recording, signal flow, processing and mixing;
- Comprehensive knowledge of sound design and all stages involved in delivering a crafted aural experience in-game;
- Great with time estimations, organization and prioritizing;
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
Good to Have:
- Ability to think logically, break down complex problems with a strong focus on details;
- Fluent in and comfortable reading common coding and scripting languages.
- Experience working with a multiplayer shooter;
- Experience with ambisonics;
- Experience with the Payday franchise from a player perspective.
To Be Successful in this position you are:
- Driven to deliver the best possible audio experience to our players;
- Driven to innovate and provide a fresh perspective to sound design.
This is not a composer position although skills and experience of composing can be beneficial as a Sound Designer.
Starbreeze offers assistance with relocation should you require it.
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value teamwork, accountability and creativity. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, ≈50% above collective agreement standard
- 90% of your salary will be covered while on Parental leave for up to 6 months
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.