Senior Concept Artist
As a Senior Concept Artist you will, together with Art director, Game Director, Art Lead and support content teams work on the ideation and development along with the planning and prioritizing of conceptual and production artwork. This puts a high demand on your technical knowledge and performance as well as the visual quality and experience. The role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written. As a senior contributor, the expectation to be self-driven and motivated is high, as you are expected to take on your specific area of expertise, evolve it and drive it with minimum input needed.
- Development of high-quality concepts for our AAA game(s)
- Understanding and utilizing the visual style of our games
- Researching and proposing concept and reference images together with the Art Director and Art Lead
- You´ll help establish and convey the Art Direction through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides for marketing and third-party development
- Participate in design choices and communicate with peers, managers and vendors
- Work closely with the team while mentoring junior talent, to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the quality and creativity of the project
- Updating work and backlog using project management and planning tools (e.g. JIRA)
- At least 6+ years of experience working as a Concept Artist within the gaming or movie industry
- Experience working on at least 1+ released AAA game
- A great sense of scale & proportions, materials, color and light as well as general rules regarding perspective and composition
- Great knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience with Photoshop.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Good understanding of real-time graphics
- Ability to create concepts of characters, props and environments to an AAA standard
- Great at translating gameplay requirements into visual designs and art
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic skill
To be successful in this position you must be/ have:
- Well versed with concept, key art and style guide creation
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Good with time estimations, scope assessments and prioritizing within a team structure
- Skilled and experienced expert at developing concepts to the highest standard
- Good understand of general 3d and game art production techniques
- Some basic Maya experience (or comparable 3d software)
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, ≈50% above collective agreement standard
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.
What makes it Starbreeze?
Progress through commitment and collaborationAt Starbreeze we believe in enabling and supporting our colleagues to be successful.
Alignment around the productGame development is the heartbeat and we are continuously evolving how all teams and members can be an efficient part.
We are in it for the long run.....At Starbreeze we value everyone´s engagement and with quality in mind, we rely on everyone´s input in planning and to define the ports of our games.
One Team - You can't rob a bank on your own
Do you recognise yourself in the following description? If so you could be one of us!
Smarter Together – We utilise our diverse set of experiences, competences, and backgrounds to achieve the best results.
Accountability – We are committed to
delivering excellence, including holding ourselves and others accountable. We get sh*t done.
Enable Creativity – We use fun, passion and play to explore new ideas and possibilities.
Learn and Develop – When we fail we do it quick and make sure to learn from it. Asking for and giving feedback is part of our daily routine
Starbreeze is an independent developer, creator, publisher and distributor of PC and console targeting the global market, with studios in Stockholm, Barcelona and Paris. Housing the smash hit IP PAYDAY, Starbreeze develops games based on proprietary and third-party rights, both in-house and in partnership with external game developers. Starbreeze shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the tickers STAR A and STAR B with the ISIN-codes SE0007158928 (A share) and SE0005992831 (B share).
For more information, please visit starbreeze.com
Senior Concept Artist
Loading application form
Already working at Starbreeze?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.