We are now looking for a talented Senior Animator to join our award-winning team in Stockholm, for the next generation of Starbreeze games.
As a Senior Animator at Starbreeze, you will be responsible for developing high quality keyframe and motion capture animations. You’ll play a crucial role in tying together gameplay, narrative and character performance. As a senior animator you will be expected to pitch ideas, create rapid prototypes, direct the actors and stuntmen during motion capture sessions, and collaborate with other disciplines in order to successfully make the vision for the game a reality. Ultimately, you’ll bring a very high level of polish in a range of different styles, anchored in believability and appeal.
- Collaborate with the animation and production leadership to drive high fidelity animations, balancing performance, quality, scheduling and technical requirements
- Work with the animation leadership to mentor and guide, grow and inspire our animation team
- Drive the evolution of animation pipelines, establishing efficient procedures for animation and character quality that benefits the quality and integrity of animations across the studio
- Create compelling character performances, utilizing both keyframed and motion capture techniques to complement the game design and promote the artistic vision of the animation director
- Be able to promote engaging new gameplay or presentation ideas through previs and/or prototyping, that spark discussions and help in the decision making process
- Collaborate alongside Design, Code, and your Peers to proactively solve any potential animation related issues to deliver features on time
- Estimate the time required to carry out your own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines
- Carry out all other related tasks
- At least 2+ years experience leading or influencing animation creation within the game industry
- At least 2 shipped titles and 5+ years of experience working in AAA games
- Strong skills in Keyframe Animation with an expert understanding of animation principles
- You are an experienced Maya user, equally comfortable in MotionBuilder
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees and a passion for cutting-edge animation technology
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on proactivity
- A passion for video games
Good to Have:
- Experience and knowledge of the Unreal game engine
- MoCap technology and process experience
To Be Successful in this position you are:
- Equally competent in tweening as you are with parametric blend spaces.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, ≈50% above collective agreement standard
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
- Massage sessions once a month
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.
What makes it Starbreeze?
Progress through commitment and collaborationAt Starbreeze we believe in enabling and supporting our colleagues to be successful.
Alignment around the productGame development is the heartbeat and we are continuously evolving how all teams and members can be an efficient part.
We are in it for the long run.....At Starbreeze we value everyone´s engagement and with quality in mind, we rely on everyone´s input in planning and to define the ports of our games.
One Team - You can't rob a bank on your own
Do you recognise yourself in the following description? If so you could be one of us!
Smarter Together – We utilise our diverse set of experiences, competences, and backgrounds to achieve the best results.
Accountability – We are committed to
delivering excellence, including holding ourselves and others accountable. We get sh*t done.
Enable Creativity – We use fun, passion and play to explore new ideas and possibilities.
Learn and Develop – When we fail we do it quick and make sure to learn from it. Asking for and giving feedback is part of our daily routine
Starbreeze is an independent developer, creator, publisher and distributor of PC and console targeting the global market, with studios in Stockholm, Barcelona and Paris. Housing the smash hit IP PAYDAY, Starbreeze develops games based on proprietary and third-party rights, both in-house and in partnership with external game developers. Starbreeze shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the tickers STAR A and STAR B with the ISIN-codes SE0007158928 (A share) and SE0005992831 (B share).
For more information, please visit starbreeze.com
Loading application form
Already working at Starbreeze?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.