Head of Production
As the Head of Production, you will be an integral part of the studio leadership team at Starbreeze. Reporting to the VP of Studio, working closely with the Head of Games and Head of Operations, your primary responsibility will be to provide daily production leadership and guidance to our projects and their teams. You will be the studio leadership representative for our project Producers as well as manage their careers and development.
You are an analytical and data driven person who is passionate about planning, efficiency, and engaging teams in continuous improvement of our game development tools and processes. Together with your team you will ensure the game projects are planned and produced efficiently, on time, on budget and to the right level of quality.
Areas of responsibility:
- Set and implement clear development frameworks; including task tracking, decision making pipelines, and a consistent tools usage.
- Develop project indicators that track project quality, delivery, and predictability.
- Identify and implement improvements to the established processes across all projects on an ongoing basis.
- Balance the studio’s resource plan against the needs of each project and discipline, with a clear view on both the immediate and the future.
- Help establish direction and strategy for each project’s execution while ensuring alignment with internal and external leadership.
- Continuously monitor the studio capacity plans in order to provide each project with the necessary conditions to succeed.
- Provide a point of escalation for conflict management and problem solving.
- Serve as the final point of approval for all project plans, schedules, and status reports across all studio initiatives.
- Train, mentor and deploy the project producer team to execute and deliver.
- Occasionally be prepared to actively help a single project execute on their plans and milestones.
- Extensive experience within project management.
- Proven experience in releasing multiple AAA live service, multi-platform, online games and seeing them through all phases of the development cycle.
- Good grasp of managing various stakeholders, and an understanding of how to visualize status for both teams and executives.
- Experience in negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution in complex project setups.
- Focused on facilitating, motivating, and inspiring team(s) to work as one team towards clear project goals to execution.
Still reading? Good, because here’s the best part:
We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
What more do we offer?
Competitive salaries with annual reviews
Private medical insurance
Annual wellness benefit
Long term incentive bonus scheme
Pension on top of salary (≈50% above collective agreement standard for Sweden employees)
Relocation support if you move from abroad to Stockholm
Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Massage sessions once a month in the Stockholm office
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Starbreeze values diversity and inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play. If there are preparations or accommodations that we can make to help ensure that you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Recruitment agencies may not submit CVs through this website or directly to hiring managers. Starbreeze Entertainment does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with us.
What makes it Starbreeze?
Progress through commitment and collaborationAt Starbreeze we believe in enabling and supporting our colleagues to be successful.
Alignment around the productGame development is the heartbeat and we are continuously evolving how all teams and members can be an efficient part.
We are in it for the long run.....At Starbreeze we value everyone´s engagement and with quality in mind, we rely on everyone´s input in planning and to define the ports of our games.
One Team - You can't rob a bank on your own
Do you recognise yourself in the following description? If so you could be one of us!
Smarter Together – We utilise our diverse set of experiences, competences, and backgrounds to achieve the best results.
Accountability – We are committed to
delivering excellence, including holding ourselves and others accountable. We get sh*t done.
Enable Creativity – We use fun, passion and play to explore new ideas and possibilities.
Learn and Develop – When we fail we do it quick and make sure to learn from it. Asking for and giving feedback is part of our daily routine
Starbreeze is an independent developer, publisher and distributor of PC and console targeting the global market, with studios in Stockholm, Barcelona and Paris. Housing the smash hit IP PAYDAY, Starbreeze develops games based on proprietary and third-party rights, both in-house and in partnership with external game developers. Starbreeze shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
For more information, please visit www.starbreeze.com
Head of Production
Loading application form
Already working at Starbreeze?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.